FileZilla is great open source ftp software. Everyone using it likes its design and user friendly interface. However, it lacks multiple ftp session features. This is very required feature for the users who want to connect to multiple ftp sites at the same time without disconnecting current session. I hope multiple ftp session will be added in upcoming releases. I personally use multiple instances of FileZilla when i want to connect with more then two website at the same time. You can also use this until we get this feature added in FileZill future releases.
Lets come to disconnect problem. The problem is big pain for the user who don’t want to away from FileZilla. Here is the work around i did to overcome this issue.
- Go to FileZill Settings (Edit – > Settings)
- Select Connection From Left Panel
- Check “Send FTP Keep Alive Commands” Check Box
- Again Select Transfers From Left Panel
- Set Timeout to Zero(0) Seconds