It is known that Google using MySQL 4 for some of the their light application that are not related to search technology. However, It has been patched according to the requirement and available to download from Google website. Google guys patched to make MySql more stable in the area of high availability and manageability.
New Features Added.
- Support for semi-synchronous replication
- Mirroring the binlog from a master to a slave
- Quickly promoting a slave to a master during fail over
- Keeping InnoDB and replication state on a slave consistent during crash recovery
- New SQL statements for monitoring resource usage by table and account
- Number of seconds of database time an account uses to execute SQL commands.
The new MySQL has been released with GPL licence and available to download from following location.