- Operate at 400MHz to 800MHz.
- operates at 1.8V
- 4 internal banks used
- based on “T branches” conventional topology
- (OCD) off-chip driver calibration
- can not deal with termination impedance
- popular in industry.
- No Thermal Sensor
- Operate at 800MHz to 1666 MHz. This will reduce read and write time to just half of the DDR2 memory.
- operates at 1.5V
- 8 internal banks used
- initialization process uses new Mode Registers (MRS) are re-engineered for quicker configuration of the memory system.
- based on “Fly-by” topology
- Self calibration with automatic leveling circuit
- can deal with termination impedances
- It will take time to be as mainstream memory
- Optional Thermal sensor