Fedora 9 Released
Finally Fedora 9 has been released. Fedora is a community supported operating system sponsored by Red Hat. It is maintained by fedora community members accross the world. Beside RHEL, Fedora is free, open to use and modify it to best suit your need. You are always open to distribute it.
- GNOME 2.22 used in this release that includes webcam photo and video creation utility called Cheese.
- Improved network filesystem support.
- New improved international clock applet.
- Google Calendar support and custom email labels in Evolution.
- New Remote Desktop Viewer and improved accessibility features.
- KDE 4.0.3 and Xfce 4.4.2 is included in this release.
- NetworkManager 0.7 provides improved mobile broadband support, including GSM and CDMA devices, and now supports multiple devices and ad-hoc networking for sharing connections.
- It is now enabled by default on installations from DVD, CD, the network, and Live images.
- Supports partition resizing for ext2/3, NTFS filesystems.L
- Live USB images support available.
- FreeIPA makes managing auditing, identity and policy processes easier by providing web-based and command line provisioning, and administration tools to ease system administration. FreeIPA combines the power of the Fedora Directory Server with FreeRADIUS, MIT Kerberos, NTP and DNS to provide an easy, out of the box solution.
- Next generation Ext4 support for better performance, higher storage capacity and several other new features.
- Fedora 9 uses Upstart, an event-based replacement for the /sbin/init daemon.
- Firefox 3 support for native look and feel and desktop integration.
- By default now support and installed free and open source Java environment OpenJDK 6
- OpenOffice.org 2.4 included with many new features.
- Fedora 9 includes Perl 5.10.0 features a smaller memory footprint and other improvements.
- Fedora 9 features a 2.6.25 based kernel.
- Automatic report kernel crashes to http://www.kerneloops.org
i386 – Install DVD
x86_64 – Install DVD
ppc – Install DVD
i386 – Install CDs
x86_64 – Install CDs
ppc – Install CDs