WordPress 2.6 Beta 1 Out
WordPress 2.6 Beta1 has been released for public. This version is sheduled to release in the middle of July. It has some new features.
- Exciting Post Revisioning added to keep track of all your post history. You are now protected from accidental changes.
- Added ability to change wordpress content directory location.
- wp-config.php now can be move on out of your web root folder.
- Ability to disable remote publishing.
- Built-in word counting in the wordpress post editor.
- Bulk delete, activate, and deactivate for plugins.
- Check box range selection with shift-click.
- Integrated TinyMCE 184.108.40.206, jQuery 1.2.6, jQuery UI 1.5 for better performance.
- Drag-and-drop sortable galleries
- Improved Manage Pages and Manage Categories admin pages.
- Improved image editing dialog with newly added image customization features.
- Google Gears implemented for static file caching
- SSL support for the Admin Panel