I just received “Not Acceptable Error while i tried to edit post in Word Press 2.5. Earlier, It was working fine but in the previous post i get annoying error when i tried to save and continue my article. But soon i realize cause of the error. Again, the error was due to apache web server mod-security rules SecFilterEngine On. The exact text of the error is “Error 406, Not Acceptable. An appropriate representation of the requested resource /wp-admin/post.php could not be found on this server.”
- Download .htaccess file from your root directory or create one if not exist.
- Add following Line in .htaccess file.
- <IfModule mod_security.c>
- If <IfModule mod_security.c> line already in your .htaccess file then place only <Files..></Files> block inside if module block.
- Save file and upload file to your host root directory.
- All done..