Two vulnerabilities has been discoverd in CubeCart 4.xx by Russ McRee that can be use by hackers to exploit website by cross-site scripting attacks. The search input string is not properly sanitised before passed to script for execution. This behaviour can be used by attacker to execute malicious script code…continue reading →
WordPress 2.5 RC1 available now for testing with a completely new flavor of blogging. This Release candidate will be available publicly after few days of user feedback. New features at glance: Fully customizable dashboard organized in a way to provide user fresh information about the blog stats, latest post and…continue reading →
Recently, Microsoft has released a beta version of Internet Explorer 8 with the new cool features. This beta version comes with new exciting features. Let describe here what's new in IE8. Web Slices Feature - This is new that enables users to subscribe to content directly within a webpage. WebSlices…continue reading →
This is the security issue primarily reported by Krit. and Pr0metheuS. ClipShare leading PHP video sharing script has an SQL injection exploit in user profile page(uprofile.php). ClipShare application does not properly sanitize user supplied UID data before using in an SQL query. Hackers can use this exploit to access or…continue reading →
A new web 2.0 website thumbnail web service has been launched. You can take any web page snapshot in a very short span of time. Webthumb is very fast then other service over the net. The service offering numerous features: Create thumb in 4 different Sizes 80x60,160x120,320x240,640x480. Keep aspect ratio…continue reading →
Schedule Tasks is a utility in window like Cron Job in Linux to run any script, program at specified time. Scheduled Tasks starts every time you start Windows Operating system and runs silently in the background, and it starts each task that you schedule at the time that you specify…continue reading →
Google just launched AIM chat with Gmail and several? new features incorporated. Now you can talk to your AIM friends using an integrated chat inside Gmail. Your AIM contact list will be automatically populated in Gmail user contact list. You need to have AIM account to sign in using Gmail.…continue reading →
Cron is a Linux command tool that allows you to schedule tasks unattended at a specified time interval. There are several ways to schedule commands to run. You can run any available command or script like php, perl and shell script as a Cron Job. It run specified command and send output to the user or email id specified in the configuration. This is common error godaddy user face when they run Cron job first time. The Godaddy Cron Manager only ask for the script file to run. You need to give executable file path separately otherwise php file will be run with shell script and produce permission denied error. To over come this problem you simply need to use php executable path as first argument and full path of the script as second argument. Here is the correct Godady executable path. Shell: /bin/sh Perl : /usr/bin/perl PHP4: /web/cgi-bin/php PHP5: /web/cgi-bin/php5 Exmple Cron Job: /web/cgi-bin/php /home/content/youraccount/html/run_cron.php
Many time you need to setup Cron Job to schedule specific task at regular interval. This article covering cron job setup on godaddy account. Godaddy account has different interface then traditional cpanel. These instructions apply to WordPress.com server installations. Here are the steps to take daily backup of DBS. Here are the steps to setup cron job for daily backup of database.
- Log Into your GoDaddy.com account.
- Choose "My Hosting Account" from the "Hosting & Servers" menu on the top navigation bar.
- In the Hosting Account list, click the Open link beside the account you want to use for your website.
- In the Hosting Manager window, click the Cron Manager icon or "Cron Manager" menu item under content menu. Please refer snapshot below.
- Now you are on the page where you need to setup cron job. Before this, you need to collect following information with the database..Host Name: (Usually localhost but in case of godaddy account it will be look like mysql139.secureserver.net) Database Name: Name of the backup database. User Name: User name of associative database. In case of godaddy account it will be same as db name. DB Password: Database user password for authentication.
- Please use following mysqldump command to get backup of desired database. Please change required parameter with your own.Syntax: mysqldump --opt -Q -h (hostname) -u (user-name) --password=(password) (database-name) > (full path of backup file)Example: mysqldump --opt -Q -h p3smysql5.secureserver.net -u mywebdb --password=password mywebdb > /home/content/b/a/b/babychep/html/backups/daily.sql Please replace variable with new one and put entire command in command text box. No need to use browse button here. Select how you want to run these command hourly,daily,weekly and click on save button to save cron job.
Fedora 8 has now released on November 8, 2007 with plenty of new features. See complete list of new features added. Added enhanced GNOME 2.20 with improved file management system, enhanced control panel applet, new revised help system, evince document viewer and mail notifcation in Evolution mail client. Online Desktop…continue reading →